The 4th Enlighten Your Research (EYR) programme for the Eastern Partnership Connect project (EaPConnect), EYR@EaP2019 has concluded with the presentation of awards for selected project proposals.
Fourteen proposals were submitted for EYR@EaP2019 and seven winning projects were announced during the 4th Eastern Partnership E-infrastructure Conference – EaPEC 2019 – inYerevan, Armenia on 25-26 September 2019.
Winning proposals covered a range of research areas – relating to cultural heritage, economics, medicine and more – and requested varied support including high performance computing, data storage, to open science and cloud.
Winners of EYR@EaP2019 were:
- Aram Mirzoyan of the Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems of NAS RA, Armenia, for “DReAM – Digitization of Regional Armenian Museums“
- Nataliia Varaksina of V.O. Sukhomlynskyi State Scientic and Pedagogical Library of Ukraine, for “Expansion of the services of digital infrastructure of the scientic and pedagogical library on the basis of digitalization of funds, improvement of access and expansion of international network interaction“
- Hayk Zakaryan of Yerevan State University, Center of semiconductor devices and nanotechnologies, Armenia, for “Computational material discovery for gas sensing application“
- Marica Dumitrasco of the Institute of Juridical, Political and Sociological Research, Moldova, for “Engagement of Eastern countries and the Republic of Moldova in external fragmentation of production: a cross country comparisons and convergence points“
- Artur Gevorgyan of the Service of Hydrometeorology and Active Influence on Atmospheric Phenomena, Armenia, for “Forecasting convective high-impact weather events in Armenia using WRF model and WRF Data Assimilation system“
- Iulian Secrieru of Vladimir Andrunachievici Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Moldova, for “EaP regional intelligent data warehouse with tools for quantifying and assessing diffuse liver diseases“
- Hayk Mnatsakanyan of E-Hayt Research Foundation, Armenia, for “RINArmenia”
The 2019 edition of EYR in the EaP region (EYR@EaP 2019) invited researchers from any discipline and their collaborators to submit proposals that highlight how access to internet and compute technologies could significantly improve their research process.
The EYR@EaP 2019 partners provide and develop high-quality network services for all higher education and research institutions in their respective countries. The EYR@EaP 2019 organising committee consisted of a number of partners from the European national research and education network organisations (NREN) community.