Second EaP ‘Enlighten Your Research’ call
A record number of proposals were submitted for the 2017 for the Enlighten Your Research call in the Eastern Partnership region (EYR@EaP2017) and six winning projects were announced during the 2nd Eastern Partnership E-infrastructures Conference, EaPEC 2017, in Minsk, Belarus, on 28 September 2017. Winning proposals ranged from high performance computing to open data projects.
See the session video.
Winners of EYR@EaP2017 were:
- Tigran Zargaryan, National Library of Armenia for “Online Armenian digital library for research based on the e-infrastructure facilities of the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia”.
- Igbal Safarov, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands for “Open Government Data adoption: A multi-level framework for data sharing and utilization in EaP countries”.
- Grusha Alexander Ivanovich, Central Scientific Library Yakub Kolas of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for “Heritage Digital Data” .
- Boris Hincu & Elena Calmis, Moldova State University for “Elaboration of the Task Oriented Instrumental Support (TOIS) for Integration of MSU and IMI HPC Clusters into a Cloud Computing System”.
- Maryna Druchenko, Scientific and Technical Library, National Technical University of Ukraine for “KPI Digitization Center: Center for digitization of cultural heritage for the Ukrainian libraries, museums and archives”.
- Yevhen Plotnikov, Nizhyn State University named after Mykola Gogol for “Through Research to Perfection: New Approaches to Continuous Professional Development of In-Service Teachers”.
The 2017 edition of EYR in the EaP region (EYR@EaP 2017) invited researchers from any discipline and their collaborators to submit proposals that highlight how access to internet and compute technologies could significantly improve their research process.
The EYR@EaP 2017 partners provide and develop high-quality network services for all higher education and research institutions in their respective countries. The EYR@EaP 2017 organising committee consisted of a number of partners from the European national research and education network organisations (NREN) community.