What we do
When completed EaPConnect will allow researchers, academics and students in the Eastern Partnership to collaborate with each other and with their peers from around the world by connecting them via highly reliable high-capacity networks and dedicated online services.
The Eastern Partnership Connect (EaPConnect) project aims to:
- establish and operate a high-capacity broadband internet network for research and education (R&E) across six EaP partner countries in the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine;
- integrate the national research and education networks (NRENs) in the region into the pan-European GÉANT network; decrease the digital divide;
- facilitate participation of local scientists, students and academics in global R&E collaborations;
- deploy eduroam and stimulate integration towards GÉANT services.
By interconnecting the R&E communities across the region and with their European counterparts, EaPConnect will create a gateway for talented individuals in the EaP countries to be truly global players.
These state-of-the-art e-infrastructures will support critical scientific work and allow participation in regional and international research programmes such as Horizon 2020. The end result will be an extension of the global scientific knowledge as well as advances and breakthroughs in education and research areas such as particle physics, climate change or disaster prevention to cite a few.
What our networks provide:
- Participation in international collaborative research.
- Intensive data sharing.
- High-speed reliable internet.
- Access to science grids and publishing portals.
- Data processing using remote supercomputers.
- Advanced video conferencing and other communication tools.
- e-learning and telemedicine opportunities.